We are proud to present The London Life Solutions Lab. Supported by Ontario Trillium Foundation, it is the first facility of its kind in the London area to address our community's most wicked problems.
Social change doesn’t occur by doing the same things we always do. Change occurs when we introduce something different. A solutions lab model uses the advantage of diverse perspectives and voices to explore and test solutions to big problems and needs in our community.
IF YOU ARE A DESIGN THINKER YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO FIVE FREE SESSIONS
- Try new things
- Learn from mistakes
- And try again
Solutions lab Special ingredients: PEOPLE + FACILITY
- A state-of-the-art facility equipped with the latest creative, decision-making and collaborative equipment.
- Our technology and products leverage impact to cultivate a place where ideas spring to life and flourish into hard-hitting solutions.
- Structured sessions (lead by your facilitator or matched to one of our specialized consultants) who utilize new and diverse tools and methods for collaboration and change, identify and recruit key stakeholders across sectors and act as a catalyst to move ideas forward.
- A safe space where we will explore, challenge, design and help people make progress on complex issues impacting our community.
Who is it for?
- Designed for problem-solving, where change-makers from all sectors can intersect, step out of the box and take risks to create transformative change.
- Those who are stuck in old patterns of thinking and need to solve a problem within the community.
What is Design Thinking?
Design thinking could look like this, unique for each situation and group
What Does Design Thinking Entail?
Current Design Thinkers
- Mental Health System Incubator for Disruptive Solutions (MINDS)
- Violence Against Women (how to help people understand the issues, stop blaming women and talk meaningfully about equality for women)
- Family Service Thames Valley
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
Become A Design Thinker
- You can be an existing collaborative or starting a new group.
- Groups should be diverse. Consider including people with lived experience, experts in your field, people representing all sectors (government, academia, business and nonprofit) and devil’s advocates who will challenge your thinking.
- Select the wicked problem you want to discuss
- Be open to creativity and exploration
Want to apply to receive the Solutions Lab for free? Apply Here
Interested in learning about other solutions lab models around the world? Check out these sites: